A partnership with Defiance County Veterans Office,
Keller Logistics Group, and Ravens Care.
OPERATION K.A.V.I.C. was created to prevent our local military and veterans personnel from enduring financial hardship. Through donations from event sponsors, our Active Duty, Veterans, Reservists, & National Guard members will have access to assistance with:
• Medicine • Shelter • Utilities • & Other Needs or Expenses
So far, in 2016* Operation K.A.V.I.C. has provided $21,525.93 worth of assistance in rent, food, medical and dental bills, utilities, and car & furnace repairs to 61 local veteran families – 100 people. (*through August 30, 2016)
“In creating Operation K.A.V.I.C., we are so touched to hear the stories of how we helped several of our local veterans who were experiencing a financial crisis; my heart goes out to them. They are an under-served group who have honored our country by bravely protecting our freedoms. I have tremendous respect and admiration for them. I am proud that we at Keller have put together a fund to help them when in need.” – Bryan Keller, President & CEO – Keller Logistics Group
“The Defiance County Veterans Office is so very thankful for this fund, it has provided such a relief and goodwill in the veteran community.” Tanya Brunner
For more information on receiving aid from OPERATION K.A.V.I.C. contact: Defiance Veterans Affairs Office – 419.782.6861
Operation K.A.V.I.C. Facts
• This unique charity fund is very rare for the State of Ohio because, so many donations to veterans charities are not able to be used locally. All of the monies donated to this fund provide for families in our own backyard.
• Operation K.A.V.I.C. fund has been able to assist armed forces veterans, reservists, national guardsman, and surviving spouses of those who served our country.
• Recently, a Vietnam veteran had to travel to Washington D.C. to appear before the VA Board of Veterans Appeals and he had very limited funds to travel on. The Operation K.A.V.I.C. fund was able to provide money for gasoline and food so the veteran could testify before the Appeals Board.
• A sudden disability such as serious disease, sudden death, or accident, can put a family into a financial tailspin, the Operation K.A.V.I.C. fund can provide needed financial help during such crises to stabilize the family and allow them space so they can concentrate their energy on getting through the crises.
• Veterans may be managing their budget very well, but be faced with a huge unexpected expense, such as a sewer repair, a need for a new furnace, or car repairs, and those expenses must be done right away and have not been budgeted for. Charitable funds like Operation K.A.V.I.C. can assist the family through such financial ambushes.
3rd Annual Veterans & Family Appreciation Dinner
Saturday, November 4th, 2017 | 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Eagles 372 | W. Second Street | Defiance, OH
The Third Annual Veterans’ Appreciation Dinner – to support Operation K.A.V.I.C. – is looking for the community’s help to fund the Operation K.A.V.I.C. program. To continue providing this unique fund for local veterans, we’re looking for help by:
Entering the Soup Cook-Off
Get your team together! Register your roaster of soup by Friday, October 20th.
Donating a Door Prize
All Veterans and their family members that attend can enter to win door prizes. Door prizes need to be to Keller Logistics Group by Friday, October 20th. To arrange pick up of your donation, please call Natalie Oberhaus at 419.783.1679 or Natalie.Oberhaus@kellerlogistics.com.
Donating to Operation K.A.V.I.C. or Sponsoring the Dinner
View our sponsorship flyer for sponsorship opportunities or for more information about donating to Operation K.A.V.I.C.
Veterans Appreciation Dinner Sponsors
In 2015, the first year for Operation K.A.V.I.C., through the generous donations of our Luncheon Sponsors and other donors, we raised over $36,000 and in 2016 we are very proud to announce that we raised over $40,000 to fund the needs of our local veterans. The need continues to grow in Defiance county. If you are interested in sponsoring the 2017 Veterans Appreciation Dinner, please contact Meredith Mickey @ 419.782.3250 or Meredith.Mickey@kellerlogistics.com or checkout our sponsorship flyer.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2017 SPONSORS & DONORS
Stykemain Trucks, Inc.
Ball Summer Fest
Tommy Tire Sales, LLC
Sam Switzer Realty, LLC
Steven D. Walker
Mohre Electronics Inc.
Hudsonville Trailer | Ohio Gas Company
Mark Moats Ford, Inc. | Stop & Lock
David C. Deal
Ayersville School NHS
Mr. & Mrs. Richard Savage
Hi Tech Foundations, Riehle Construction, LLC
Scott Wagner Plumbing
Buehrer Power Equipment
Stephen K. Snavely Co., L.P.A.
Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff, LLP
DOOR PRIZE DONATIONS
SOUP COOK-OFF PARTICIPANTS
A Very Special Thank You: