At Keller Warehousing & Distribution, we understand the importance of technology in the role of managing our customers’ supply chains.
Warehousing can be complex—that’s why we constantly invest in some of the smartest IT systems (and the smartest IT people) to keep our customers’ operations running smoothly.
Looking for some technological specifics? We invite you to take a closer look at what Keller Warehousing & Distribution has to offer in the IT arena.
At each warehouse location across the country, Keller utilizes Camelot 3PLink as its Warehouse Management System (WMS). 3PLink gives our customers 24/7, real-time visibility of their inventory via the Internet. This allows our customers to keep the pulse of their supply chain at any time, day or night.
In addition to inventory visibility, 3PLink provides the following benefits:
- Integrated interfaces for mobile devices, such as tablets or smartphones
- Automated customer communications
- Business intelligence and analytics with reporting capabilities
RF Barcode Scanning / RFID
RF barcode scanning gives Keller the ability to track customer inventory and more efficiently run its warehousing operations. Every time a piece of inventory is touched, the data is sent to our WMS—Camelot 3Plink—and customer inventory is updated accordingly. Below are some additional benefits of RF scanning.
- Inventory accuracy – Even with a high number of SKUs, the quantity on hand will match the quantity in the system.
- Live feed – Inventory numbers can change by the minute, and RF scanning allows these numbers to be updated instantaneously.
- Efficiency – With Keller’s trained staff, cycle count inaccuracies can be fixed, orders can be filled, and product can be received – all on the spot.
- “Farm to Fork” Traceability – Especially critical in instances of recalls, inventory is traceable at every step along the way to your end users.
Keller’s IT infrastructure also has the capability to implement RFID technology. RFID takes customer inventory tracking a step further, and can be used to:
- Trace the steps that inventory makes inside a warehouse with advanced time tracking
- Add an additional layer of security to warehoused inventory, with keyless entry and restricted access to unauthorized personnel
- Give detailed traceability reports – especially critical with constantly moving goods
WIMS is the scanner interface for Camelot 3PLink. WIMS is essentially the backbone of Keller’s warehousing technology, as any and all information sent to customers originates with WIMS.
In order to maximize efficiency and create synergies across all layers of warehouse technology, WIMS is equipped with mobile app technology. That means that WIMS can essentially “talk” to everything in the Keller network.
Below are a few additional benefits of WIMS:
- All scanners are equipped with cameras to expedite process of reporting damaged inventory
- 3D scanning capabilities – customers can store hundreds of times more data in a 3D code than in simple 2D
- Cycle-count errors can be corrected, product can be received, and orders can be filled – all on the spot and with a hand-held unit.
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), in plain language, is a computer-to-computer conversation of business transactions in a standard format. EDI is commonly employed to exchange standardized business transactions—such as invoices, purchase orders, and shipping notices—with little to zero manual input.
At Keller Warehousing & Distribution, we have the ability to connect to our customers in a wide variety of ways, including AS2, SFTP, FTP, and also in various formats, such as X12, EDIFACT, and XML.
We know that no two setups are alike; however, we have the team and technology in place for rapid implementation for just about any customer looking to integrate with our EDI capabilities.