Trucking Industry Compliance
At Keller Trucking, we have invested in technology and training that assures trucking industry compliance and best practices. Reliable service is at the heart of everything we do, and regulatory compliance is a top concern for our True Blue Logistics Crew.
We Are Committed to Trucking Industry Compliance
We have created a culture of safety at our company, augmented by our industry-leading training programs and implementation of advanced technology, that emphasizes regulatory compliance. We stay on top of ever-changing regulations, so you don’t have to worry about whether or not our fleet is fully compliant.
The long list of regulatory standards we maintain compliance with includes:
- The Department of Transportation – DOT regulations govern driver physicals, hours, drug and alcohol screenings, and HAZMAT certifications, as well as proper vehicle maintenance, inspection, and insurance.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration – The FMCSA’s Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) program scores drivers and vehicles each month based on safety violations and inspections, crash reports, and critical violations found during investigations. The CSA program helps carriers identify problems with unsafe driving, crash history, hours-of-service compliance, vehicle maintenance, controlled substance or alcohol abuse, HAZMAT handling compliance, and driver fitness.
- OSHA – We comply with all the latest OSHA standards governing workplace safety, training practices, sanitation, material handling, loading and unloading safety, protective equipment, first aid, and recordkeeping.
- The Food & Drug Administration – Our food and beverage handling meets strict FDA requirements for temperature control, trailer cleaning requirements, hazard analysis, and more.
- Transportation Intermediaries Association – We agree to uphold the industry-standard Code of Ethics, which requires professional conduct with honesty and integrity in all our business dealings.
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism – We work with the Department of Homeland Security to ensure compliance with regulations pertaining to security processes, container and merchandise movement, computer system security and controls, shipping dock security, and key and seal controls. We submit to regular supply chain security audits.
- The Environmental Protection Agency & National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – We follow all standards for greenhouse gas emissions set by the EPA and NHTSA. Our young, “green” fleet of lightweight Cascadia tractors set new standards for efficiency and fuel economy that save our partners significant amounts of money.
Advanced Technology Aids Trucking Industry Compliance
Keller Trucking uses the latest cutting-edge trucking industry technology to enable us to adhere to regulatory guidelines and improve our safety profile. We use the PeopleNet Tracking System to produce 100% legal logs, track each truck, and get real-time data that helps us improve safety and compliance. PeopleNet is also an important tool in preventing theft and loss, as it allows us to track the trailer every step of the way using RFID chip technology. Similarly, SkyBitz satellite tracking allows for remote monitoring, temperature control, security, and in-transit visibility. DriveCam by Lynx lets us know what’s happening in the cab eight seconds before and four seconds after an accident occurs. We may access data from our onboard recorders to protect customers from fraudulent claims, reduce fuel waste, assure adherence to FMCSA policies, reward good performance, and improve safety training programs.
Contact us to find out how to improve your trucking industry compliance and boost your bottom line with Keller Trucking as your trusted partner.