Dedicated Contract Carriage
Dedicated contract carriage is one of the fastest-growing segments of the trucking industry. When you partner with Keller Trucking as your dedicated contract carrier, we hire drivers and maintain the vehicle fleet while you track pickups and deliveries using our advanced tracking system. A turnkey transportation solution is a strategic way to optimize your operations and save money. On average, our partners see a 40% reduced driver turnover, 11% improved billing ratio, 8% empty mile reduction, and 5.6% increase in revenue per mile upon outsourcing their dedicated contract carriage to Keller Trucking. It’s not uncommon for partners to save 4 to 20% on spot market rates when they tap our 40+ years of expertise in logistics.
Who Should Consider a Dedicated Contract Carrier?
Our dedicated contract carriage services give shippers the capacity they need when they need it, which is great for fast-growing companies and those with dramatic increases in business at certain times of the year. Locking in rates with a dedicated carrier protects businesses from pricing spikes in the spot market, the impact of adverse weather, and seasonal capacity constraints.
Your transportation strategy could benefit from a dedicated contract carrier if your freight has:
- Consistent volume – with predictable loads from week to week, or seasonal spikes
- A closed-loop scenario – moving back and forth between Point A and Point B, such as from plant to warehouse
- Short haul – lanes of 250 miles or less, requiring optimization on the use of trucks and regulated drivers
- Heavy haul – with weight that maxes out before bulking out, requiring innovative solutions to fill your trucks
- Spotting or shuttling needs – adding drop and hook scenarios to your yard to decrease congestion for drivers
Benefits of Dedicated Contract Carriage
As your dedicated contract carrier, Keller Trucking can:
- Reduce your overhead expenses with fewer trucks maintained and drivers hired in-house
- Improve transparency using the latest technology to monitor and track your freight
- Boost competitiveness by locking in a rate that drives down operating cost fluctuations
- Surpass your safety goals using cutting-edge transportation technology and driver rewards programs
- Optimize your routes, dispatching, regulatory compliance, loading, yard operations, and productivity
- Help you overcome logistical challenges, identify backhaul opportunities, and increase capacity as needed
- Lower your environmental impact with better fuel efficiency, load optimization, and newer equipment
- Combine our trucking assets with Keller Warehousing & Distribution and/or Keller Packaging for an single-source closed loop logistics strategy
Consider Keller Trucking As Your Dedicated Contract Carrier
Optimize your transportation and shipping strategy by choosing Keller Trucking as your dedicated contract carrier. Let us supply you with exclusively allocated trucks and drivers, and you’ll never have to worry about market inconsistencies, truckload timing, or the competition for truckload capacity freight.
Our core fleet consists of 150 tractors and 450 trailers. Select tractors and trailers are heavy-haul capable. On average, our well-maintained trucks are less than 30 months old. We equip our trucks with the latest technology to track driver performance, schedule on-time deliveries, keep the lines of communication open, and watch over freight every step of the way.
Creating and sustaining strong, positive customer relationships is at the core of Keller Trucking. We pride ourselves on acting as a strong strategic partner to every customer we work with, no matter how big or small. You’ll notice the difference in responsiveness and a can-do attitude in partnering with our family-owned-and-operated business.