The Digital Supply Chain Is Here – Are You Realizing the Benefits?
At Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing, we understand the importance of technology in the role of managing our customers’ supply chains. We incorporate methods, systems, and devices to enhance efficiencies across our operations.
Warehousing can be complex—that’s why we constantly invest in some of the smartest IT systems (and the smartest IT people) to keep our customers’ operations running smoothly.
Looking for some technological specifics? We invite you to take a closer look at what Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing has to offer in the IT arena.
Warehouse Technology at Work
No spreadsheets are used here! Efficiency is the name of the game in warehouse management. We know that no two setups are alike; however, we have the team and technology in place for rapid implementation for just about any customer looking to integrate with our EDI, order processing, and order fulfillment capabilities.
WMS - Manhattan SCALE
At each warehouse location across the country, Keller utilizes Manhattan SCALE as its Warehouse Management System (WMS). SCALE gives our customers 24/7, real-time visibility of their inventory via the Internet. This allows our customers to keep the pulse of their supply chain at any time, day or night.
Manhattan SCALE provides the following benefits:
- VISIBILITY – real-time custom inventory and utilization reporting with reliable data accuracy
- OPTIMIZATION – automated processes, dynamic slotting, directed put away, logic-driven operational activities
- TRACEABILITY – complete product flow history and rapid product recall
- ACCURACY – system drive cycle counting and picking requirements
- AUTOMATED BILLING
- INTERFACE with all major ERP systems
RF Bar Code Scanning
RF barcode scanning gives Keller the ability to track customer inventory and more efficiently run its warehousing operations. Every time a piece of inventory is touched, the data is sent to our WMS—Manhattan SCALE and customer inventory is updated accordingly. Below are some additional benefits of RF scanning.
- Inventory accuracy – Even with a high number of SKUs, the quantity on hand will match the quantity in the system.
- Live feed – Inventory numbers can change by the minute, and RF scanning allows these numbers to be updated instantaneously.
- Efficiency – With Keller’s trained staff, cycle count inaccuracies can be fixed, orders can be filled, and the product can be received – all on the spot.
- Traceability – Especially critical in instances of recalls, inventory is traceable at every step along the way to your end-users.
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), in plain language, is a computer-to-computer conversation of business transactions in a standard format. EDI is commonly employed to exchange standardized business transactions—such as invoices, purchase orders, and shipping notices—with little to zero manual input.
At Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing, we have the ability to connect to our customers in a wide variety of ways, including AS2, SFTP, FTP, and also in various formats, such as X12, EDIFACT, and XML.
Our “1K” platform designed by our in-house development team provides exclusive access to your inventories and several reporting functions.