Electric yard tractors
Fully electric yard tractors provide companies with innovation solutions to support sustainability initiatives, cost savings, and reliability.
Keller Dedicated Services, an extension of Keller Trucking, an affiliate of Keller Logistics Group, now offers Electric Yard Tractors for manufacturers’ spotting operations! Implementing an Electric Yard Tractor rather than diesel for trailer spotting offers many benefits to your company. An innovative solution to transporting your product from a production line to a warehouse; they also support sustainability initiatives, provide transportation cost savings, are more reliable, and drivers prefer them.
Electric Yard Tractor Capabilities
Electric peforms as well as diesel
- Class 8 Tractors
- Single & Tandem Axles
- Gross Combined Vehicle Weight 81,000 pounds
- Drives up to 25 mph
- Supports a 24×7 operation
- On-road (DOT compliant) options
- Non-road (in-yard) options
- Managed by hours, not by miles
Electric Tractors fit perfectly as a first step in moving to electric vehicles:
- Green solution for companies wanting to enhance the lives of employees and improve communitites
- Increased technology delivers increased safety and energy efficiency
- Better truck control, reducing stopping distance and stopping time
- Drivers prefer EVs! They reduce driver fatigue, safety incidents, driver turnover, and distractions.
Electric Tractors have been operating across the U.S., through a variety of climates including harsh winters and extremely hot summers.
- Starts quickly in frigid cold temperatures
- No need for block heaters to pre-warm diesel engines
- Orange EV trucks report just 1% downtime compared to diesel up to 20%
Replacing one diesel yard truck with an Electric Yard Tractor reduces annual emissions equivalent to:
- Greenhouse gas emissions from 32.5 passenger vehicles driven for one year
- Carbon sequestered by 2,532 tree seedlings grown for 10 years
- CO2 emissions from 17,231 gallons of gasoline consumed
Diesel engines consume large amounts of costly diesel fuel, where Electric Tractors use less expensive, price-stable, electricity
- Average 90% Fuel Savings
- Moderate use saves $20k – $60k per truck annually
- Electric use of 9KW/HR compared to fluctuating fuel surcharge
A large food service manufacturer in Northwest Ohio, has reported a total savings of over $20,000 in 7 months with 1 Electric Spotter Truck. Over the course of a year, the savings are estimated to total $60,000 per EV with added savings in maintenance, repair, and emission control costs.
LEARN MORE ABOUT ELECTRIC YARD TRACTORS
Download our Electric Yard Tractor Overview flyer for more information on the benefits of using electric over diesel.
To further discuss the benefits of using Electric Yard Tractors at your facility, contact our experienced sales team by clicking the Email link in our representatives’ contact info below.